Ready for Online Learning?
Online Course Requirements
If your instructor creates a quiz or asessment with Respondus Lockdown
The Lockdown Browser will do the following when you open the quiz:
Browser you must download and install the Lockdown Browser to your computer. You will not be able to open and take the quiz or test without this web browser on your computer.
- Assessments are displayed full-screen and cannot be minimized
- Assessments cannot be exited until submitted by users for grading
- Task switching or access to other applications is prevented
- Printing functions are disabled
- Print Screen and capturing functions are disabled
- Copying and pasting anything to and from an assessment is prohibited
- Right-click menu options are disabled
- Browser menu and toolbar options are disabled, except for Back, Forward, Refresh and Stop
- Function keys are disabled
- Source code for the HTML page cannot be viewed
- URLs cannot be typed by the user
- Pages from the assessment aren't cached or stored in Internet Explorer's history listing
- Assessments that are set up for use with Respondus LockDown Browser cannot be accessed with other browsers.